Tuesday, August 5, 2008

New perspective

In my position as a worship pastor I have lead congregations in singing hundreds of choruses and hymns. I love to sing and play these melodies for the Lord. But there is one song in particular that has new meaning to me in light of Braden. The song is titled, "You are the one", by Lincoln Brewster and Paul Baloche. Here are the lyrics:

You're the One who made the heavens
You're the One who shaped the earth
You're the One who formed my heart
Long before my birth
I believe You'll always lead me
All my days have been ordained
All Your thoughts toward me are holy
Full of love and grace

You are the One You are holy
You are the One You are worthy
You are the One You are the One Everlasting
You are the One I will worship
You are the One I will serve all my days
You are the One You are the One Everlasting
You are the One
Jesus You're the One


Jenni and I know that Braden is still being formed, and our prayer is that when born, his heart will be healthy, whole and completely healed. We believe that Braden's days are ordained and that God has a purpose and plan for him. Thank you for your continued prayers!

Last week Jenni met with her doctor here in Wenatchee and everything looks good. Braden is growing and very active. Our girls have enjoyed feeling his kicks and somersaults! Next week we head back to the University of Washington and Children's Hospital for follow up appointments. I will post an update when we get back to Wenatchee.

Blessings,

Darth

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep! I just know he is going to be born with a strong, healthy heart. God is still forming him and putting heavenly touches on him!

I love you, Braden, my little peep! ;)

Susie said...

We are praying for you and believe it was God who brought us all together yesterday. We are praying for you Braden and looking forward to meeting you!

We are with you and feel your pain Darth & Jenni!
Brad, Susie, Nathan, Andrew & Baby Isaac Carlson