Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, it is 2009 and yes, we are still at Children's. But good news, it looks like Braden will be discharged tomorrow. I am hopeful and optimistic because he has done so well over the past several days. Today the nurse even took him off the monitors and he is only hooked up to a pump for his formula. He is on a continuous feed still, taking a special formula, until his lymph node issue (chylus effusion) is resolved. That means he will come home with a feeding tube. Which, by the way, I would like to say that today I placed his feeding tube! I am very proud of myself. It was a lesson I didn't want, but had to have for discharge. It is necessary to know how to do this just in case he pulls it out, which Braden has down to an art! That is why he gets to wear socks on his hands all the time now. Anyway I really dreaded having to do it but it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. Braden didn't appreciate it however.

We are getting so close to all being together again under one roof that I am practically hyperventilating with anticipation. I am actually looking forward to doing wash in my own laundry room and cooking again! We will be sure to let you know when we are actually discharged. Braden still has challenges ahead of him, but we are pleased to continue his care from the comfort of home. He is getting stronger every day and we are confident that the Lord is continuing to heal him.

-Jenni

3 comments:

dawn klinge said...

That's such great news Jenni! I've missed you and your family, and I look forward to meeting Braden. I know it will be awhile longer (to meet Braden) even after he comes home, but I'm so happy to read that your family will all be together at home soon!

Unknown said...

Oh, sweet Jenni - you're such a good Momma. Maybe the Lord is preparing you to be a nurse! ;) I've been praying for you and Darth (and of course Braden) so much - along with many, many others. Have a safe trip home ... and watch your rear view mirror for cop lights!!!! I can't even imagine how excited you all are to get home. 2009 will be a great year!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear Braden continues to do well and that you will soon be home. By this time next year all of this will be a distant memory. We continue to pray for your family and Braden's full recovery.

The Hundley Family